Are you looking for a charity to support?
Would you like to organise a fundraising event?
Coventry Resource Centre for the Blind is dependent on donations from individuals, groups, schools and other organisations, as well as income generated through fundraising activities. We are extremely grateful to all those who kindly support us.
If you would like to support Coventry Resource Centre for the Blind financially, there are a number of ways you could support us:
Donations can be made by cheque or bankers draft made payable to 'Coventry Resource Centre for the Blind'.
You can also donate online - look for the Donate button on the right of this page (if you're using a mobile or tablet, it may be below) and you'll be able to donate safely using PayPal.
If you are giving a donation and you are a taxpayer, please ask for a Gift Aid form. This means that for every £10 donated we will receive 12.50.
Fundraising Event: Organise an Event or Get Sponsored
Organising a fundraising event can be a fun way to spend time with friends or colleagues, develop new skills and support a good cause.
There are any number of activities or events that you could do, such as organising a car boot sale, quiz night, coffee morning or raffle. Other, more energetic, ideas include taking part in a sponsored abseil or running a marathon or fun run on behalf of CRCB.
Fundraise at School
Whatever your age, there are lots of ways that you or your school could support Coventry Resource Centre for the Blind.
Here are some ideas to get you started:
- Organise a talent show or X-Factor style contest
- Get sponsored for doing something. Why not try eating lunch blind folded, staying silent for two hours or taking part in a fun run or bicycle ride?
- Hold a stall at a school fete - you could also make cards or cakes to sell on the stall
- If your school has a 'Charity of the Year' you could consider nominating Coventry Resource Centre for the Blind
Fundraising as part of a Group or Club
If you are a member of a local group or organisation such as the Rotary Club, Leofric Lions, a church group or golf club, members of your group could help us by delivering or taking part in a variety of fundraising events or activities, such as:
- Organising a murder mystery night, garden party or quiz night
- Asking your members whether they could help with tin collections or staffing stalls
Fundraising at Work
- Why not place one of our charity collection tins on your counter or in your staff room or another communal area of the office?
- Does your company have a nominated 'Charity of the Year'? If so you might perhaps consider nominating Coventry Resource Centre for the Blind?
- Some employers offer staff a certain amount of paid work time off to enable employees to volunteer, you might like to consider volunteering with us (please see the Volunteering Page for further information)
- You could organise a team of people from the office to take part in a sponsored event on behalf of Coventry Resource Centre for the Blind
- Or why not arrange an event, such as a dress-up / dress-down day at work or a coffee morning?