First of all "Happy New Year" to you all!
2015 has been a busy year for CRCB and we are looking forward to more exciting developments in 2016.
Time to catch up on news of what's been happening.
- The Music Extravaganza at the Albany Theatre in November was a great evening of entertainment organised by the Coventry Leofric Lions to raise funds for us. We were especially proud of musical duo "Last Train Home" - Chris Norman & Matthew Horspool who are two of our volunteers.
- Our promotion day at ASDA (London Road) on 21st November was a great opportunity to raise funds and raise awareness of what we do here.
- The official launch of our minibus, on 30th November, was performed by the deputy Lord Mayor. It was a real celebration of the successful appeal to address the transport needs of those who use the Centre, as not being able to drive is such a big issue for those of us with sight loss. A big thankyou to staff from Coventry Building Society (Earlsdon branch) who presented us with a big cheque. Those present enjoyed drinks & nibbles followed by the presentation of exciting new plans for the future of CRCB.
- We've had several "tablet & smartphone" demonstration sessions here at the Centre which have been very interesting and useful.
- Our Christmas fair - the "Winter Warmer" - was a very successful and well attendedal event where lots of gifts were bought and refreshments enjoyed, raising us a total of £1015. Many thanks to all who helped out or supported that.
- Our music group "Visibly Sound" put on several performances of Christmas music at vaious venues.
- Also in December we had a Christmas party for our much appreciated volunteers, without whom we couldn't do what we do here. We enjoyed good food and musical entertainment and a chance for volunteers who come here at different times to get together.
Now we have re-opened for the new year we are resuming all our regular activities and are looking forward to our pantomime on Sunday.